Covid 19 Phuket Raceweek update, venue change

Covid 19 Phuket Raceweek


Phuket Raceweek Covid 19, the Phuket situation and how this is affecting the organisation of the 17th edition of Phuket Raceweek 2020. 

Firstly, we hope this communication finds all our Friends, Sailors, Sponsors and Supporters well and safe?

Covid 19 and Phuket Raceweek 2020

We all know the Coronavirus outbreak has created havoc and unfortunately a lot of sadness and misery for many people throughout the World.

Our thoughts and sympathies are with everyone whether directly affected or not.

The current Phuket situation

Phuket Hotels and guest houses are closed.  Last weekend the Phuket Airport was due to open to certain domestic flights, in the 11th hour a decision was made not to open.

International flights to Thailand are currently closed and no clear indication is available as to the rules on entry to Thailand when flights resume.

Cape Panwa Hotel and Kantary Bay Hotel our Title and Host Sponsors are closed and therefore not able to accommodate Phuket Raceweek 2020. The good news is that the 2021 Cape Panwa Hotel Phuket Raceweek is  confirmed for 14th – 18th July 2021.

Covid 19 Phuket Raceweek

Phuket Raceweek 2020

The Covid 19 Phuket Raceweek 2020 situation is not fully clear as I write.

We are in negotiation with alternative venues to enable us to run the 17th edition of Phuket Raceweek. This is subject to the event being allowed to run.

Provisional dates have been changed to Registration Day on Thursday 16th July and three days racing to follow on Friday the 17th, Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th.

Due to Covid 19 Phuket Raceweek 2020 will operate according to Thailand Disease Control rules and regulations. No doubt Social Distancing will be a top priority along with individual temperature controls recommendations.

Will we be allowed to run the event this year?

That is not clear at this time, however entries fees and crew tickets will be reduced. The usual and supportive sponsors are themselves having to deal with this situation.

Further details on entries fees will follow in due course.

An alternative Covid 19 Phuket Raceweek 

Currently we cannot confirm the Phuket Raceweek 2020 event.

We may not be allowed to run the event due to the Covid 19 situation.

We are considering a possible date change to later in the year.

Of course, we do not want to clash with other Sailing Regattas. Our race management team are helping us with this option.

Thank you to our 2019 sponsors and supporters.

2019 Phuket Raceweek Sponsors logos

Cape Panwa Hotel Phuket Raceweek 2021

We have confirmed  with our Title Sponsor, Cape Panwa Hotel that the 18th Cape Panwa Hotel Phuket Raceweek is scheduled for 14th – 18th July 2021.

Should you not make it this year. We will looking forward to seeing you again safe, well and healthy in 2021.

In the meantime stay well and safe and take a look at the 2019 picture gallery here.